Still life: quick sketch in Pentel brush pen

Still life: Part of the mess on my desk! Pentel brush pen, A4

I've been really busy so no finished work to show - but this is a quick sketch, really really quick, of a corner of the mess on my desk!

How much electrical/IT equipment we depend on - ipod, headphones, mouse, corner of the keyboard, external memory and the drawers with all sorts of useful bits in and the printer on top .... and that's just a fraction of it.

I'm enjoying using the brushpen, it's very freeing, no fussing with detail - just quick fluid scribbling. I was pleased with how easy it is to get a mid tone using the side of the brush. I'd been inclined to only use it for line in the past.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Eye, Urban/Rural exhibition

playing with watercolours and coloured pencils

paint or sketch trees: challenge