Linoprinting again - Pollarded Willow , work in progress

Work in progress: A pencil rubbing of a new linocut to see how it will print - the pollarded willows of earlier sketches shown here - done quite freely onto soft lino, about 5x5.75 ins. A bit messsy but it gives an idea of how it will print (I flipped the image on computer so this is how it will appear)

I've been really busy this week and have finished a large pastel of this willow but haven't had daylight time to photograph it yet.

I thought the image would maybe work in lino with the strong contrasts between light and dark. I'll experiment with rolling it traditionally, painting oil paint on and also with working into prints. I'm not sure how it will work out yet but I think it has potential.


c&c welcome :>

Comments

Robyn Sinclair said…
This has a lovely 'Vivien' quality, so I'm dying to see it printed in all manners.

Been doing test pencil rubbings of linocut all day too, Vivien. I'll have to wait until tomorrow to get a proper ink proof. Now I'm thinking mine would have been better as a reduction print. Bit late now :(
Billie Crain said…
i think it has potential, too. i even like the rubbing!
Jeanette Jobson said…
I think it has lots of potential too. Its a strong contrasting image. Monotone with a hint of colour would be very dramatic.

I look forward to seeing what you do with it.
Making A Mark said…
Promising.

Maybe vary the weight of lines in the top branches? That's what I've noticing in the pollarded willows I've been drawing.
vivien said…
Thanks Robyn - I look forward to seeing those :>)

Tnanks Billie and Jeanette

and that's what I thought too Katherine - though there is a bit more variety in thickness than shows in the rubbing - I need to slim some down definitely.

I hope to get on with this tomorrow.
vivien said…
Thanks Robyn - I look forward to seeing those :>)

Tnanks Billie and Jeanette

and that's what I thought too Katherine - though there is a bit more variety in thickness than shows in the rubbing - I need to slim some down definitely.

I hope to get on with this tomorrow.

Popular posts from this blog

The Eye, Urban/Rural exhibition

playing with watercolours and coloured pencils

paint or sketch trees: challenge