Flowers and sunshine



A lovely weekend at my daughters and I managed to take some close ups of flowers in the garden - the huge tulips had gone over and were losing their petals but looked absolutely luminous in the sun.

I tried to catch the fragile dandelion clocks - not terribly successfully :>) the light and shadows on the eucalyptus tree was lovely with the blue grey leaves and warm reddish branches














Dont' forget to check on the challenge links - there are new additions to see at the top of the list :>)

Comments

Anonymous said…
i love the last shot!

Arlene,
Gig Harbor flowers
Hi
Your macro photos inspired me to go out early this morning and take some myself with my OH reflecting the sunlight for me with a reflector. Love the close up of the tulips - coloured pencil or pastel sketching there?? I am waiting to catch a dandelion head - they are still very yellow up here.
Cheers
vivien said…
thank you both :>)

I see a new body of work coming from your photos Shirley :>)

Yes I'll probably work from them at some point - not sure exactly when though. I'd like to do some large paintings from them but work committments at the moment aren't leaving me with much energy!
Karen said…
Stunning photos Vivien
Regards
Karen
vivien said…
thanks Karen :>)

Popular posts from this blog

The Eye, Urban/Rural exhibition

playing with watercolours and coloured pencils

paint or sketch trees: challenge